Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Royal Story



Received this in my email today. This is one of three photos which accompany the story. Apparently the driver of the Merc SUV Dubai One saw a car parked at the edge of the desert and footprints leading away from it. Concerned that something bad might have happened, he drove into the desert to find out. Well, nothing evil happened. It was just a European family having a little fun and taking pictures. In this photo the good hearted emirati man offered them coffee from his SUV. One of them took this photo.

Now who do you think drives Dubai One. You know who occupies Air Force One and Marine One right?

This is such a welcome contrast to some of the bureaucrats I try to avoid here. My experience with my driving tester was most memorable. Good thing I was so well prepared he couldn't fail me. Like anywhere in the world, the top echelon is very different from the working level. Sadly this is also increasingly true in Singapore.

No comments: