Friday, February 20, 2009

A Red Bentley



Spotted this rose-red Bentley convertible on the way to school yesterday morning. Tried to get a nice photo of it but only managed three shots and this is the best of the three. I wondered if it was a man or woman behind its wheels. With three speed cameras along this road, there is no chance fo find out without unacceptable risk.

Perhaps we will spot it again sometime. At that hour of the morning, most of us were just following to our daily routine don't we?

Was I keen to ride in a car like that one? No, it was only its stand out colour that attracted me. Don't think there is one like that in Singapore. What I would like is to ride in the Mclaren F1 roadcar, which I passed up to a junior staff when I was with Shell. I had wanted to reward him for a job well done, but I also didn't like the idea of traveling to Pasir Gudang early in the morning just to spin on a race circuit for a few minutes. Cars for me ultimately are just about getting from point A to point B safely. So boring isn't it? No! But that is another story.

No comments: