Friday, November 28, 2008

Dressing Respectfully



"Please wear RESPECTFUL CLOTHING", I have seen this countless times on LCD displays all over the Mall of the Emirates. I had wanted to get a photo of it but never succeeded in getting an adequate shot until recently I spotted them pasting them on the glass doors to the mall.

The Mall of the Emirates attract many tourists, but I can tell you they mostly do not care. They are usually the ang mohs, and two of them succeeded at making themselves famous around the world by having open sex on the beach and was arrested by the police.

Now it is not just the ang mohs, Asian girls are almost equally over-exposed. Even today I spotted at least some in church dressed in shorts that are way above the knee. I would love to hear what the emiratis have to say when I get the opportunity. The last time I had the chance to speak to one, we were discussing the global financial crisis and Abu Dhabi reserves.

No comments: