Friday, November 21, 2008

Amazon.com: 10 days from the USA to Dubai

Got the rare call from the reception downstairs this morning to break to me some very happy news. The parcel from Amazon.com has arrived. We put in our order for express delivery only 10 days ago.
The trip from state side to Dubai was undertaken by DHL global mail. I had tought it would had been US Post. The journey to my place was undertaken by the elusive Emirates Post. I said elusive because I have never seen a postman in all my time here and there are also not many post offices.

Well I am not too happy that they opened the package for inspection. I think they are looking for forbidden books. They should have trusted us but then, they don't know us.
Here are the three books we bought. All of them you can't find at Borders or Magrudy here.
If I were in Singapore, I would just have to check them out from the NLB. Well in this sense the cost of living here is higher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you reckon the shipping costs are as high as for s'pore?

navimap said...

My guess is that it is probably about the same because postage rates are determined by zones.