Monday, September 8, 2008

Marriage Certificate Attestation in Dubai

If you are sponsoring your spouse to Dubai, you need to bring you marriage certificate to be attested by the Dubai branch of the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The place is very difficult to find and even many locals do not know where it is, and certainly not most taxi drivers. So I like to share my discovery with any of you who might need to have this information.

If you happen to own and use a GPS navigator, you may also input the following coordinates into it. It is N25'15.914 E055'18.925. And if your GPS is portable, take it with you in your cab. Tell him you want to go to the Etisalat's office on the Creek (they all know this). When you get nearer, direct him using GPS.

Below is an album of visuals on what to see and expect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I am a Singaporean too!

I just need a favor!

Well, I got married in Sinagpore and I want to sponsor my wife here in Dubai. So, what is teh actual procedure?

I called MOFA here and I was told that I should get my Marriage certificate attested in Singapore first! Is it necessary? Our's is issued by Govt. already right?

Ok, if it's so.. Should I do it in person or I can send my certi through post/courier to SG and get it attested??

Please enlighten me, regarding this issue!

Anonymous said...

Yes, unless they have changed the rules and these guys are unpredictable, what they have advised you is correct.

Anonymous said...

So, does it mean I should go SG or I can just do it through Couriers?

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the heads up.. My sister is moving to dubai next month to get married and it's cool to know that. nice post!

Decree Absolute

UK Replacement Certificates said...

You can replace your Marriage certificate and other vital certificates online.