Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GPS with a pinch of salt



Today took delivery of our company sponsored rental car. You don't get to choose the car but you don't pay for it either. I don't mind, in fact, I welcome it. This Mitsubishi Pajero will be our "camel" for about a month, or until my visit visa expires, which should be sooner.

You can see the car at the petrol station. Took us a while to get there because my Nuvi GPS took us to dead end roads! The device is programmed with the latest 2008 maps but things here change all the time. As a result the GPS advice can be unreliable or downright impossible.

Rule of Thumb - Make sure the tank is always 3/4 full, a rule I learnt from Singapore, as you do not want to run out of petrol. I exaggerate of course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sing Cher,

We used to joke about Dubai roads' frequest changes - which is every two weeks:)