Sunday, September 21, 2008

Flat tire in Dubai




Stymied by a flat tire (see photo) on our company rented Mitusbishi Pajero yesterday. This is not fun experience in the summer. Fortunately the car was parked in the mall's covered car park, but the temperature was still uncomfortably hot.



Didn't take very long for the rescue vehicle to come. As it is Ramadan too, I gave them an extraordinarily generous tip even if they broke one of the nuts in the wheel.



This morning Daisy and I insisted that they replace the Pajero. We have to keep pressing them to do so before they agree. Quite a frustrating experience.



I was quite disappointed when the replacement Pajero arrived. Its mileage was doubled my old one but it was a 3.8L versus the former's 3.0L. When I drive it, it was also smoother and quieter. The previous Pajero must have been in some dreadful accident before.


Here is a photo of the second Pajero parked in the basement of our apartment's underground car park.

No comments: