Monday, September 8, 2008

Computer stuff cheaper than Singapore's


Went to the giant Ibn Bututta mall this morning and found this big supermart of electronic gadgets. The prices are mostly equal or better than what you can get at Challenger in Singapore with member's discount.

My Acer InspireOne costs me S$799 back in Singapore but only about S$750 there. A high capacity sandisk 4GB SD card is only about S$20. Imation CD-R is S$24 for 100 CDs etc., Two years ago, when I last visited it was easily double Singapore's prices for CD-Rs and DVD-Rs.

I shouldn't be surprised by this discovery. A couple of days earlier I had picked up a Netgear switch for the equivalent of S$27.

I do not have precise numbers to offer but large LCD TVs are also cheaper. What I find expensive were HSPDA or 3.5G devices for mobile broadband connection. It is cheaper to buy them as a bundle from Etisalat, their one of two telephony and internet service provider.


No comments: