Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Ghim Moh" market



Don't you think this look like a wet market in Singapore and Ghim Moh's in particular. This is the wholesale cum retail Fruit and Vegetable Market near the driving school.

I spent some time there to watch some people come in pick ups to buy lots of vegetables, probably their daily supply for their food business. The bid-offer start off at 50%.

For small families like ours, it isn't worth making the long trip here. The quantities we need are small and it is a long way from our place - Almost like going from Queenstown to Changi Airport.

5 comments:

James Yong said...

You might want to go for nostalgic reasons :-)

navimap said...

Perhaps, but I think photos especially when you go there for breakfast and take them for me would be as good. Cheers and Thanks in advance

James Yong said...

Sure, will snap some when I stop by for breakfast.

navimap said...

Thanks! The last time you gave me one when the pasar malam was up. Long ago I should have taken one when JBJ was there. I could even see him from upstairs!

James Yong said...

Check my FB for some Ghim Moh shots ...