Friday, March 27, 2009

Budget Airport



We left Dubai for Singapore late last night. I took this picture as I disembark the bus, before I ran up the stairs to the SQ Airbus. You wouldn't get a chance if you were in Changi because you would be well cocooned inside an aero-bridge. Dubai International Airport has been like a budget terminal to us. We arrived with Emirates months ago, we had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal. Leaving for Singapore, we have the double fortune of doing the same. I thought air traffic has fallen considerably, why can't we have the convenience of an aero-bridge? As the bus trundled its wahy to our parked plane, I could see many unused aero-bridges. I am not surprised. This is the way Dubai does things so often. The people who make the big decisions there ride in private planes. If they know what the rest of us live with (not that bad actually, you musn't compare with Changi) riding commercial planes, perhaps the airport would be better. What the decision makers don't see they can't manage.

No comments: