Monday, January 5, 2009

Mysterious SMS

At first I didn't want to blog about this but may be the person who sent me that sms will reveal himself/herself if I do.

On New Year's eve I received a surprise SMS from Singapore on my Dubai mobile number. It was an encouraging greeting for the New Year. I don't have a photographic memory for words, but the gist of it is that 2009 would be tough but the tough will survive. I showed the message to Daisy too.

Except to some family members, I don't remember giving my mobile number to anyone back home. As I tried to identify the number, my silly phone froze and I had to reset it. Since my lack of photographic memory extends also to numbers, that is also gone.

Except myself, the family has been watching Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot on DVD over the past couple of weeks. I wished I could ask Hercule Poirot for some ideas, but of course Poirot only talks to you and not you to him!

So who is this mysterious person who had smsed me? Perhaps this will remain unsolved. Let's see if I receive another SMS from this person for CNY or may be my birthday. Do you think an angel or vampire ala "Twilight", which I am very curious but not seen or read, text that greeting? OK, I am going to stop the silly speculation. An angel is more believable than a vampire.

I was told that Agatha Christie just simply vanished and to this day could not be found.

2 comments:

James Yong said...

Poirot would be proud of me. Through some deductive work, I think I know who your mystery SMSer is. :-)

navimap said...

Yes, you are right! Clever fellow. Thanks for the big hint.