Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Comparing Waste Disposal



Every floor on our 35 storey aparment has a shared chute to throw our rubbish. I have always wondered where it all empties into. Well, they are terminated as shown in the photo above. It is a manual and laborious system. If there is no one to watch it, you can guess what happen. I am sure they have to use several a day because I see so many of these bins outside the condo each day waiting to be collected. Labour here must be so cheap that they do not bother to invest in automation. On the other hand when the metro comes online it would be driverless? Why?

I think it is because you can boast of the metro as being very advanced to the world. Who cares about refuse collection and disposal? Yet it is in the things that you do not want to show off that reveals who you are. Remember my post on the sewage disposal here?

No comments: