Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Rains



I was up as usual at 4.30am this morning. Curious what the temperature was like, I pushed the sliding door of our balcony open and was surprised to see droplets of water on the glass on our balcony. I thought who is this crazy fellows who threw water over their balconies above me. Cannot be, I think this must be rain drops and by now I am trying to slowly absorb what it means. I have not seen rain since we arrived in early September.

Indeed it was raining, when we got out into the open this morning we could feel it. The photo above, shot with my phone camera shows some slight flooding at the children's school. In Dubai, there are no drains, so water accumulate into pools very quickly. Now I wonder if we will have swimming pools every where when there is a down pour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we will be seeing pools here and there when the rainy season comes. Dubai was flooded last January when it rained for three days.