Friday, October 31, 2008

Belated Birthday Present




















A few weeks ago, Daisy saw a very nice Cross pen on the back cover a magazine at our Nuran's residence. She showed it to me and I made a mental note to get it for her birthday.

Unfortunately her birthday came and went, I was not able to find the coveted pen. It is not easy to find things here in Dubai, or may be put it down to me for being a newbie. I found a Cross Pen counter in Magrudy's at Festival Centre on a secret shopping trip on my own(Where Ikea is and the family's favourite mall) but they do not have it. At first they told me it hasn't arrived, then they said it was all sold out. You see, in Dubai you get different answers from different people depending on who you ask. Imagine government servants also behave like this too!


In the end, I could only buy her two beautiful cards for her birthday. One from the children and the other from me.


Last night, we parked our car on a rare upper level of the Mall of the Emirates. When we entered the complex, I spied a Cross Pen counter I have never seen before. Excitedly I walked into the store and lo and behold, set beautifully in a glass case is the pen I was looking for. I told the salesman, I want it now. I would have paid up even the price was double.

Daisy was quite happy to have this pen. She has a pink ribbon lapel pin to match it with. She and the girls are enthusiastic supporters of the Breast Cancer Foundation.

No comments: